- More About Us
- What’s Inside?
- Do any of your products not include nuts?
- What’s so important about being organic?
- Why are your snacks gluten free?
- What is non-GMO verification and why is it so important?
- What’s the difference between natural and organic ingredients?
- What certifications do Taste of Nature products have?
- What are Good Manufacturing Practices and BRC Certification and why do they matter?
- Our Green Guarantee
- Less Talk, More Snacking!
- Let’s Chat!
- I have a great flavour idea, where should I send it?
- I want to work for Taste of Nature, where should I send my resume?
- I want to write a blog/article about Taste of Nature, who should I contact?
More About Us
How long has Taste of Nature been around?
- Taste of Nature Foods Inc. was established in 1988 as Shandiz Natural Foods Inc. We started out co-manufacturing snack bars for private label customers, but we launched our own Organic, non-GMO, gluten free snack bars in 1994. We called them “Taste of Nature”, and since then, we’ve been putting delicious snack bars into the pockets, bags and glove compartments of snackers around the world.
There are a lot of tasty snack bars out there. What makes Taste of Nature different from the rest?
- We’re committed to providing products that taste great and are great for you. We don’t just claim to be organic, non-GMO and gluten free—we have the certifications to back it up! In fact, no other snack bar on the market has the same number of certifications we do.
- We use real, whole ingredients that you can actually understand and we use only the highest quality ingredients from sustainable sources. While the snack bar market is crowded with options, we’re proud to show off our credentials right on the front of the package.
What products does Taste of Nature offer?
- Taste of Nature Foods Inc produces a number of different product lines including:
- Taste of Nature Organic snack bars
- Taste of Nature Protein snack bars
- Taste of Nature Granola snack bars
- True to Nature snack bars
- Private label products for our customers
What Taste of Nature bar flavours are available?
- In our Taste of Nature Organic line, we have 14 different delicious flavours available in the Canada: Coconut, Apple, Pomegranate, Goji, Maple, Cranberry, Brazil Nut, Almond, Orange, Pineapple, Peanut, Blueberry, Cherry and Ginger. More flavours are coming soon!
- Our Taste of Nature Protein line comes in three delicious flavours made with 10g of protein and REAL dark chocolate: Dark Chocolate Peanut Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate Cherry and Dark Chocolate Orange.
- Our Taste of Nature Granola line comes in some of our most decadent flavours to date, including: Key Lime Pie, Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Pecan Brownie.
Do any of your products not include nuts?
- What can we say… we’re nuts about nuts around here. All our Taste of Nature bars are made with real nuts and fruit. If we removed the nuts there wouldn’t be much left!
What’s so important about being organic?
- The ingredients in our products are grown in organic soil, without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. This protects the environment and maintains the integrity of the ingredients. For us, being organic is a double win—for both you and the environment.
Why are your Taste of Nature Organic snack bars gluten free?
- By making our bars gluten free, we offer products that are accessible to people suffering from Celiac Disease or who have sensitivity to foods containing gluten. We want everyone to be able to enjoy our delicious snack bars!
- While both our Taste of Nature Organic and Taste of Nature Protein lines are certified gluten free, our Taste of Nature Granola line is not. While oats do not have gluten in them, they are often cross-contaminated with gluten in the raw material manufacturing process, because of this we are unable to certify them as Gluten Free.
What is non-GMO verification and why is it so important?
- We use only the best and highest quality ingredients in our bars. Those are ingredients that occur naturally without any genetic modification or crossbreeding methods. We were verified non-GMO in 2010 and are proud to have our customers know that we are committed to providing them with the very best that nature has to offer.
What’s the difference between natural and organic ingredients?
- As many companies strive to make healthier food options, it may seem like the words “natural” and “organic” are interchangeable; that’s actually not the case. There is currently no regulation on the use of the word “natural,” meaning that companies can define it as they like. Organic products are healthier for both you and the environment. We are organic, meaning that all of the products within our bars, as well as the bars themselves, meet the requirements of being labeled organic.
What certifications do Taste of Nature products have?
- Taste of Nature is very proud of its product certifications.
- Our Taste of Nature Organic line is USDA certified organic by ECOCERT Canada, non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten free, certified vegan, and certified Kosher.
- Our Taste of Nature Protein line is made with 70% organic ingredients, non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten free and certified Kosher.
- Our Taste of Nature Granola line is USDA certified organic by ECORCERT Canada, non-GMO Project Verified, certified vegan and certified Kosher.
What are Good Manufacturing Practices and BRC Certification and why do they matter?
- Taste of Nature applies Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure cleanliness of the equipment, best housekeeping and rigorous manufacturing processes. What does that mean to you? You can be sure the food products we produce meet the highest standards for safe and quality food.
- We have also been BRC—British Retail Consortium—Certified for Global Standard for Food Safety with the Grade A since 2010. It is the highest standard in the food industry giving you confidence that we produce safe, legal, high quality products.
Our Green Guarantee
How does Taste of Nature limit their environmental footprint?
We’re very committed to sustainability in our products.
- Firstly, Taste of Nature snack bars are organic and Non-GMO Project Verified and we’ve got the certification to back it up.
- We also use bullfrog power to run our manufacturing plants. Green business practices are an integral part of our manufacturing, packaging and shipping processes. .
Less Talk, More Snacking!
I’m interested in selling your product, who should I contact?
- Please email Sales@tasteofnature.ca. Please provide as much detail as possible in your request.
Where can I buy your product?
- Many retailers carry our product. Check out our store locator to see retailers near you.
- If you live in the USA or Canada you can purchase on tasteofnature.ca and tasteofnature.com
- On Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
- On well.ca (Canada only)
- Reach out to us at email@example.com for more information about where to buy us internationally
I have a great flavour idea, where should I send it?
- We love to hear from all of our customers! If you have any ideas, comments or questions about our products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to work for Taste of Nature, where should I send my resume?
- Please send all resumes along with cover letters to email@example.com. Please note, only applicants of interest will be contacted due to the volume of applications we receive.
I want to write a blog/article about Taste of Nature, who should I contact?
We’d love to hear from you and help you promote Taste of Nature. We invite you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.